The American Bankers Association is the banking industry's champion. Joining ABA makes you part of a team that: • has Extraordinary People - ABA experts are the "go to" sources for bankers, policy makers and the media for credible information and insights for the banking industry. • has Unmatched Scope and Scale - ABA's unparalleled information and services keep members current, knowledgeable and prepared. • is Impact-Driven - ABA has a proven record of bringing about positive change for our members and the industry. We take action and achieve results. Plus competitive pay, an outstanding benefits package, a convenient DC location, a professional collegial work environment and an opportunity to work on issues of national significance equals a winning combination!
• Work in close coordination with VP, National Political Director, Senior Director BankPac and Senior Manager Voter Education on all political efforts; liaising with state banking associations and ABA members as needed.
• Coordinate daily management of Political Action Committee (PAC) database with outsourcing vendor, maintaining a flawless and accurate database of record; maintain hard copy PAC files per FEC regulations.
• Assist with daily management of voter education Client Relationship Management (CRM) software responsibilities.
• Manage incoming receipts from a variety of mechanisms across programs, acknowledging and processing receipts promptly; manage thank you note process.
• Maintain data for BankPac Leadership Levels and assist in recognition efforts for both programs, including monthly dashboards.
• Assist with distributing PAC checks for delivery and monitoring outstanding checks.
• Provide support for political team administrative budgets.
• Manage political program web presence.
• Coordinate efforts to create and maintain fundraising collateral and materials across programs; supervise mailings and other fundraising distributions.
• Assist with ongoing management of the National BankPac Committee, Voter Education Advisory Council; meeting planning; scheduling and compliance requests as necessary.
• Assist political team with scheduling and administrative duties as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned by business need.
• Bachelor’s degree Business Administration, Communications, History, Public Policy or related field preferred or commensurate experience.
• Three to five years in a political or congressional relations environment i.e. Capitol Hill, Campaign or PAC experience.
• Ability to manage multiple personalities and priorities, internal and external customers.
• Scheduling and meeting planning experience.
• Strong judgement, willingness to learn and strong listening skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required.
American Bankers Association (ABA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected Veteran status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family responsibilities, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
ABA encourages and celebrates diversity so if you are motivated, hardworking and want to make a difference, come as you are!
The American Bankers Association is the united voice of America’s hometown bankers—small, regional and large banks that together employ more than 2 million women and men, hold nearly $17 trillion in assets, safeguard $12.8 trillion in deposits and extend more than $9 trillion in loans. ABA believes that government policies should recognize the industry’s diversity. Laws and regulations should be tailored to correspond to a bank’s charter, business model, hometown markets and risk profile. This policymaking approach avoids the negative economic consequences of burdensome, unsuitable and inefficient bank regulation. Through a broad array of information, training, staff expertise and other resources, ABA supports America’s hometown bankers as they perform their critical role as drivers of America’s economic growth and job creation.