Senior Administrative Assistant, Learning & Development
The Conference of State Bank Supervisors
Location: Washington, DC
Type: Full Time
Administrative, Clerical, Support
At the Conference of State Bank Supervisors, we vibe as “One CSBS” and are dedicated to developing a diverse, inclusive, and equitable culture of belonging. We appreciate our employees as they bring various backgrounds and experiences as well as model collaboration, teamwork, respect, and trust which generates conversation, deeper insights and innovative solutions that serves our members, employees and communities.
CSBS is proud to be a certified Great Place to Work®. This distinction is awarded to companies who strive towards building and sustaining a high-trust, high-performance culture which drives better business performance.
The Senior Administrative Assistant, Learning & Development is responsible for completing administrative tasks related to the pre- and post-phases of learning and development programs and events, and providing general administrative and operational support to the Learning & Development and Meeting Services teams.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Provide administrative support as follows:
Event setup using Cvent and virtual platforms such as Teams, Remo, Hopin, Zoom, etc.
Manage registrations for the Day One online on-demand programs
Crowdcompass app setup, technical support and updates
Help desk and registration assistance functions
iMIS data entry & audit
Preparation of a digital eBook for events, using FlippingBook publisher software
Preparation of printed materials for events, using the online printer Mimeo.com
Preparation of nametags, tent cards, rosters, and agendas for events
Preparation of materials for Board Meetings in Diligent
Management of Diligent users and inquiries
Create Cvent post-event surveys, format and distribute survey results
Process invoices in Anybill
Provide pre- and post-event support for all on-site and online training programs and events
Serve as the primary contact for attendees prior to an event and respond appropriately to inquiries and problems regarding programs
Oversee packing, shipping, and return shipments of materials and equipment for on-site events
Draft minutes for CSBSEF BOT and committee meetings and conference calls
Maintain Learning & Development calendar of events and relevant dashboards
Support Learning & Development with data maintenance for NMLS and SES training environment; regular reporting for CSBS Training Support Request; SES Training Completion Progress Reporting to agencies; and SES nationwide rollout support, including scheduling and exhibit management.
Support Meeting Services with CSBS major events including registration support, data collection, name tag creation, printing, and other tasks as assigned.
Serve as primary point of contact and administrator of the Strategic Engagement business unit’s SharePoint site.
Setup of registration websites for meetings for affiliate organizations
Processes credit card transactions for payment/refund of registration fees
Make updates to appropriate pages on the CSBS website
Maintain the Learning & Development storage room, audio-visual and meeting equipment, and inventory spreadsheet
Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed and meet the amount of education, training and/or work experience required.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree and two (2) – four (4) years of experience in a corporate or non-profit office environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Cvent, Hopin, Zoom, Remo, PhotoShop, iMIS, Appian, Anybill, Diligent and Concur software.
Familiarity with and use of cloud-based software for document-sharing, discussion boards, application development, eBook publishing, and web conferencing.
Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
Customer service – works and communicates with clients and customers to satisfy their expectations. Committed to quality service.
Organization and time management– works effectively with and supports a diverse group of colleagues with different projects, business needs and expectations, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Oral communication (telephone and in-person skills) - ability to communicate information and ideas by speaking so others will understand.
Written communication (letters, email) – ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
Decision-making and problem solving – ability to take independent action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues.
Work without extended onsite supervision.
• Please note that CSBS adheres to a mandatory COVID vaccination requirement for all employees, subject to applicable reasonable accommodation requirements. A condition of employment is that all employees be fully vaccinated or receive an exemption for bona fide medical/disability or religious reasons that can be reasonably accommodated. Employees granted an exemption will be subject to COVID testing requirements.
• Due to the nature of CSBS’s business in support of state financial services supervision, all CSBS employees have the potential of interacting with confidential information related to the supervision of financial services companies (“Confidential Supervisory Information”). As a result, in addition to general business conflicts of interest, all CSBS employees are expected to disclose conflicts of interest in financial services companies on at least an annual basis and to proactively avoid such conflicts.
• Protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of CSBS information and information systems in accordance with CSBS policies and procedures.
Values Instilled Behaviors for Excellence (VIBEs)
Member/ Customer Service
• Capability to build and value relationships
• Ability to prioritize work
• Advocate and advance member's goals
• Ability to give credit to others
• Have a “pitch in” attitude
• Learns from successes and setbacks
• Listens and learns from others
• Speaks the truth even when uncomfortable
• Ability to honor the expertise of others
• Recognizes the contributions of others
• Ability to consult and communication effectively
• Desires to make others successful
• Ability to preserve through adversity
• Willingness to experiment and take risks
• Plans ahead and is a forward-thinking individual
Core Leadership Competencies
Achievement Oriented Thinking
• Is a solutions-oriented thinker
• Has good time management skills
• Manages expectations of what is achievable
• Actively engage and participate during change
• Asks questions and takes ownership for understanding why the change is happening and the risk of not changing actively
• Adopts the new habits, monitors own performance and checks self against the objectives and seeks help when they don’t match
• Identifies and communicates obstacles and resistance
Emotional Intelligence (Self-Awareness)
• Manages own emotions productively to stay in role
• Handles emotionally charged situations productively and with empathy
• Asks for and openly accepts feedback; looks for opportunities to grow
• Conducts conversations courageously - hitting difficult issues head-on with an eye on maintaining relationships
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Conference of State Bank Supervisors:
The Conference of State Bank Supervisors (CSBS) is the nationwide organization of banking regulators from all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
State regulators supervise approximately 5,400 state-chartered financial institutions with more than $4.2 trillion in combined assets. Further, most state banking departments oversee mortgage providers and many other financial services providers, such as money services businesses (MSBs), payday lenders, check cashers, and finance companies. State regulators oversee 17,121 mortgage companies, 116,991 individual mortgage loan originators (MLOs), and more than 105,000 additional non-depository financial services providers across the nation.
The vision of CSBS is to be the recognized leader in advancing the quality and effectiveness of regulation and supervision of state banking and financial services. The mission of CSBS is to support the leadership role of state banking supervisors in advancing the state banking system and state financial regulation, benefiting the public by ensuring safety and soundness, promoting economic growth and c...onsumer protection, and fostering innovative state regulation and supervision of the financial services industry.
CSBS works to:
- Optimize the authority of individual states to determine the activities of their supervised financial entities;
- Enhance the professionalism of state regulatory agencies and their personnel;
- Represent the interests of the system of state financial supervision to federal and state legislative bodies and regulatory agencies; and
- Ensure that all banks continue to have the choice and flexibility of the state charter in the new era of financial modernization.
Background and History:
CSBS is a non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. It was organized in 1902 as the National Association of Supervisors of State Banks. In 1971, the name of the organization was changed to the Conference of State Bank Supervisors to better reflect the ongoing nature of CSBS activities. For more than 100 years, CSBS has been uniquely positioned as the only national organization dedicated to protecting and advancing the nation’s dual-banking system.