Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
Type: Full Time
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
This position works alongside volunteers, members, and staff to provide services to and support for our District Cabinets within the US-Canada and Europe regions. This individual will design, develop, and implement strategies to build and maintain strong operational relationships with district leaders and ensure that their work is aligned with the mission, vision, and annual priorities of the global association.
· Direct the delivery of services to and support for CASE’s districts in US-Canada and Europe.
· Work with District Cabinet leaders and other volunteers to ensure district outcomes support CASE’s priorities and align with our strategic directions.
· Collaborate with colleagues to ensure the effective delivery of services to the districts.
· Identify opportunities to create synergies across the association and among the districts to increase service delivery efficiencies and improvement.
· Increase the capacity of districts to serve their members locally.
· Serve as an ambassador for CASE at District Cabinet meetings and events, both in-person and online.
· Interact regularly with district volunteers and implement effective relationship management techniques to ensure that they have a positive and rewarding experience.
· Direct district volunteer training sessions for cabinets and seek regular input to ensure program content stays current and meaningful.
· Oversee, evaluate, and manage staff and hold them accountable for the manner in which they perform their work; maintain a work environment that is committed to collegiately and inclusivity; ensure that information is communicated up, down, and across the organization to ensure staff are able to fulfill their responsibilities and make sound decisions.
· Develop and manage budgets to support district activities; ensure that CASE resources are utilized effectively and responsibly.
· Facilitate and monitor requests for disbursements from Transition Funds and Legacy Funds to be submitted to the Executive Director for US/Canada for approval.
· Assist the Executive Director for US/Canada in managing the District Chairs Council and the Legacy Fund committee.
· Work cooperatively and diplomatically with all divisions and regions.
· Liaise with CASE colleagues in the US-Canada and Europe to ensure the best sharing of ideas, expertise, and knowledge.
· In keeping with the CASE Values Statement, ensures that CASE is well represented by exercising a high degree of professionalism, accuracy, and ethics, in all activities, services, and products.
Key qualifications, experience, and education:
· Six or more years of experience working with, managing, and stewarding members and volunteers, including advisory committees, affinity groups, or chapters.
· Creativity, entrepreneurial flair, networking skill, and business development acumen.
· A strong communicator with rapport who is approachable and a good listener.
· Experience preferred in one or more areas within institutional advancement (alumni relations, communications, marketing, fundraising, or advancement services) and a clear capacity to understand the needs of other, allied professional areas within schools.
· College or university degree required.
Skills and Abilities:
· A demonstrated interest in advancing education in the not-for-profit sector.
· A strong commitment to contributing to a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
· An understanding of and interest in engaging with a broad range of cultures and countries.
· A demonstrable interest in and appreciation of the activities, purpose, and ethos of CASE.
· A strong service orientation.
· Self-awareness and the ability to give and take feedback.
· The ability to influence a wide range of people both through negotiation and leading by example, with a high level of professionalism and diplomacy.
· A strategic mindset and able to make an effective contribution to the activities of the association.
· A creative thinker who is excited by learning and finding innovative approaches to work.
· Strong business acumen with the ability to perform at both the strategic and tactical level.
· High energy, self-starting approach.
· Empathetic team member.
· Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in different geographies and from different cultural backgrounds.
About Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
CASE is a global not-for-profit and membership association whose vision is to advance education to transform lives and society. Its mission is to be the home for communities of advancement professionals and to inspire, challenge and equip them to act effectively and with integrity to champion the success of their institutions. CASE defines the competencies and standards for the profession of advancement, leading and championing their dissemination and application with over 97,000 advancement professionals at 3,100 member institutions in 80 countries.
Broad and growing communities of professional practice gather under the global CASE umbrella. Currently these include alumni relations, development services, digital, communications, fundraising, government relations, marketing, and web. These professionals are at all stages of their career and may be working in universities, schools, colleges, cultural entities or other not-for-profits. CASE membership also includes many corporate partners. CASE uses the intellectual capital and professional talents of an army of volunteers to advance its work.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CASE works across all continents from its r...egional offices in London, Singapore, and Mexico City. CASE works to achieve a seamless experience for all its stakeholders: particularly its members, volunteers, and staff. Working together across time zones and borders, CASE staff in all offices seek to make the ambitious OneCASE aspiration a reality.