APCO International is looking for a dynamic salesperson to fill a recent vacancy. The Corporate Outreach Sales Manager will be responsible for selling non-dues revenue activities, such as exhibit space, advertising, sponsorships, and membership sales. APCO hosts 4 annual events, with the annual conference & expo being the largest with 275-300 exhibiting companies with over 5,400 total attendees. The Sales Manager will work closely with and report to the Director of Corporate Outreach and this position is an in-office position located in Alexandria, Va.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
· Sell exhibit space, advertising, memberships, and sponsorships by telephone, email, and in-person meetings for all APCO events and non-dues opportunities.
· Achieve calls goals of a set number of calls and communications per week and maintains appropriate documentation of efforts in the sales database.
· Create sales reports and rolling forecasts.
· Research, generate, and nurture new sales leads.
· Lead, plan, and manage the re-booking sales process, schedule and conduct appointments pre-show and onsite, plan for and manage all on-site sales office requirements and logistics. Lead onsite sales temp help.
· Develop and manage exhibit hall floor plan with Director.
· Assist with the recruitment of exhibitors to participate in additional activities during the annual conference & expo. (i.e. presentation theater, exhibitor raffles, new products zone, etc.).
· Proactively address market trends that could impact business and identify solutions.
· Communicate with internal and external customers and vendors.
· Maintain a working knowledge of the industry.
· Execute sales plan and marketing campaigns with the Director of Corporate Outreach. Utilize past performance data, research, lists, and execute the plan with weekly updates for each APCO activity.
· Assist in the development of marketing collateral for exhibit and sponsorship sales.
· Develop email “Content” for the best-selling messages. Schedule, set up, and edit weekly emails.
· Collect, review and edit all exhibitor data used in conjunction with the final programs, conference brochures, program guide, mobile app, etc.
· Update and maintain assign sections of the annual conference & expo website and “Exhibitor Portal”.
· Work with General Services Contractor in creating, collecting information, and proofing online services manual.
· Build and maintain relationships with exhibitors and sponsors.
· Cultivate relationships to increase participation in all APCO events.
· Excellent customer service and professionalism.
· Support department as necessary.
· Travel to sales meetings.
· Travel to site visits and planning meetings, as necessary.
· Travel to Annual Conference & Expo to execute on-site sales.
· Travel to attend competitive and/or industry events and sales calls.
· Work closely with Corporate Outreach Coordinator to ensure exhibitor and exhibitor deliverables are met.
· Weekly and monthly reporting to include payment status, activity report, exhibitor contract terms, etc.
· Become proficient in sales and exhibit management software. Adding and monitoring exhibitor tasks and follow-up to completion.
· Adequately run reports and lists for budget and reporting needs.
· Ensure all sales contracts have been received and are paid.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
· Strong presentation skills.
· Experience with floor plan management technology is required.
· Working knowledge of Salesforce.com or other CRM applications.
· Marketing experience a plus.
· Competent in Microsoft Office and Outlook.
· Self-motivated and results-driven.
Education and/or Experience:
· Seeking 5-10+ years of exhibit space and sponsorship sales or sales experience.
· Bachelor’s Degree or level of experience that meets job qualification requirements.
· CEM Certification is preferred.
· Experience in CadmiumCD, a plus.
· Previous success in tradeshow sales (preferably association or technology sector).
About Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials International
APCO International is the world’s oldest and largest organization of public safety communications professionals, with over 30,000 members. It serves the needs of public safety communications practitioners worldwide - and the welfare of the general public as a whole - by providing complete expertise, professional development, technical assistance, advocacy, and outreach.